Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pain while driving, not riding

Well, the weather finally cleared here in the Bay Area and I am seeing more and more cyclists taking to the roads.
While I was driving my daughter to a rehersal today, in the distance we noticed a cyclist riding on the shoulder (when available) of a road seldom used by cyclists due to a combination of high traffic and bad pavement.

As we approached the cyclist, I couldn't help and notice how bad his knees were tracking, it was so bad that I was feeling pain in my knees. He was riding a brand new Wilier Cento Uno with upgraded carbon wheels and PowerTap. I wish I could have stopped to give him my card but traffic would not permit such desperate measures.

I feel for the owner of that magnificent bike because I am certain he does not know what comfort is on the bike. I also feel for the shop that sold him the bike because they are far from doing a service to the customer and to the brand. I am glad I am trying to save 1 rider at a time but many times I wish I could help more riders get better acquainted with their rides.

Happy riding and Happy Easter everyone!



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment