Friday, March 5, 2010

An ITS Wedge story – skipping to question number 4

 from an ITS Story below 
4) I noticed on your website you endorsed the Specialized BG saddle. What do you think of the Specialized BG footbed insoles. Are they better than the cycling Superfeet. I use Superfeet in my shoes and sneakers. I like them. But I went with the BG insoles because of the metatarsal button thing.

Phil,
At BikeFit, we have had good luck with the BG saddles and often recommend them. I was able to consult on some saddle designs ten years ago. The company had some distractions, though, so you did not see a lot of them in the market. Some of the features I helped with input on at that time are similar to some of the things you see in the BG Saddles today. We really do like to let people know about products that work well in helping them find more comfort so you will hear us talk about Specialized saddles.

Our experience is not just limited to saddles. For example when it comes to foot beds/insoles we’ve also had good luck with other companies like Superfeet. Our ITS wedge is designed to fit perfectly with them. I have not had/seen any issues with the BG insoles. I have seen a few people switch but most have stayed with the BG insoles if they already had them. If they feel good, stick with ‘em.

No comments:

Post a Comment