Monday, February 1, 2010

Compare for yourself

I get a lot of questions about Steve Hogg and why he suggests the BikeFit Wedges and Hogg Shims.

The link to the article below has been sent to me a few times. First – Steve Hogg does not work for us. We are friendly and have agreements and even some disagreements (but not about what you would think we might disagree about). We do sell his Leg Length Shims.

We at BikeFit have been working with the foot/pedal interface a long time and have been addressing things that are still often over looked in bike fitting. We have refined our approach to this area and are more than willing to show others how we do it. Our information is not considered confidential, it is for all to see and use. You may forward and or print our emails and share our tips with anyone. I ask if you make money off it you remember us…that is all.

Why does Steve go further and why does he have the opinions he does? I am not the one to answer that question. I will say I have yet to disagree with his approach to Wedges of Shims. Whereas I absolutely disagree with John Howard and his use of wedges yet both are featured on our web site.

So if interested in comparing our Wedges or Shims with others send me an e-mail about the situation you are working on and we will send you some samples for you to try and see for yourself what happens. Please share your findings with others when you do.

The articel most recently sent to me by several fitters 
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/cyclingnews-fitness-q-and-a-december-4-2009


Swifty

No comments:

Post a Comment