Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How many wedges are you using?

I had a conversation the other day with Steve Hogg (the man, the myth from down under)

He asked me what was the average number of Wedges I use in a bike fit. I actualy had to look thru my notes a bit - but the average is just about 2 per foot. Again this is an average.

So I asked Steve what is his average use of wedges in a bike fit and here is his reply.

" I've been doing a bit of research for my own purposes and at this stage this indicates that -"
98.75% of riders need wedging under one or both feet
90.00% need wedges on the left side
96.87% need wedges on the right side
Average number of wedges per rider under the left foot is 3.12
Average number of wedges per rider under the right foot is 2.67

Since we drive on the correct side of the road here perhaps the right/left ratio may differ in the states- I would love to hear from others

Swifty

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done as many as the famous Steve Hogg, but I have average 2 per side.on non Specialized shoes and one per side on the Specializeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are giving the Specialized shoee a little too much credit. I am thinking (more and more over time) we treat them like 1/2 of a wedge at most.

    Any other thoughts???

    ReplyDelete